Crounse Corporation, a full service barge line, ships bulk products on the Inland
Waterway System. Details are as follows:
• Our service area includes the Ohio River
and its tributaries, as well as the Tenn-Tom and Black Warrior systems. We also offer
fleeting and harbor service in the Maysville, KY area.
• We barge over 30 million
tons of various commodities annually. The majority is coal. Limestone, sand, gravel, and
steel products are also shipped.
• Our fleet 35 towboats range from 1200
horsepower to 4300 horsepower.
• Our barge fleet 1122 jumbo open hopper barges has an
average age of about 10 years. All barges in our fleet are nearly identical, being 195’ in
length and 35’ in width, with a molded depth of either 11’ or 12’. All barges are rake on
one end, and square on the other end. Only two draft charts are required to describe our
entire barge fleet. Ten watertight hull compartments offer unsurpassed safety and
• Crounse’s vessel crews are comprised of highly skilled professionals, whose goal of customer
satisfaction is met by offering prompt and reliable service. This tradition has carried on since
1948 and is instilled in every generation of our people. In fact, several of our employees
represent their families’ second, third, and even fourth generation of Crounse
• Two offices --- Maysville KY and Paducah KY --- are staffed by experienced people who are
dedicated to providing quality service. Many of our administrative people are former vessel
Captains or Pilots.
• Our Sales staff, with representatives in both Maysville and
Paducah, will be glad to discuss any prospective shipment you may have.
• Our Traffic
Department, located in Maysville, provides timely and accurate information to customers by phone,
fax, email, and web site access to shipping reports.
• Our Operations Department,
with divisions located in Maysville and Paducah, is focused on maintaining our vessels and
barges, and supporting our vessel crews.
• The company’s most important asset is
its reputation for consistent customer satisfaction. As evidence of this, our customers
are often our best source of advertising!